This year had so many things beauty related that it made my head spin. I know this is an early end of year post, but I know for sure that I won’t be trying anything new for the rest of the year. 2017 was a true test of my ability to resist over-indulgence. I think I did a good job at dodging through the jungle and came out with a few beauty favorites. Many of these were released before 2017 but I tried them all for the first time this year and loved them. Here are my top 8 (not in any particular order).
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette – This is hands down one of the best eyeshadow palettes I have ever used. I know, I know, I am so late to the party with this beauty favorite but I am not an impulse buyer and usually takes some time to make a purchase. These shadows blend like butter, are pigmented and suits any skin tone. I’m into plums and browns these days so this one is perfect.
2. CosRX Oil-free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion – With my combination skin, I need a moisturizer that is potent but one that won’t add an additional slick to my skin. As a result I tend to stick to water-based and oil-free products. This one has a thinnish but not watery consistency, it glides on easily and disappears into the skin. My skin feels supple and quenched for hours after (without the oil slick) and works well with my other skincare products and under makeup.
3. Juvia’s Place Masquerade Eyeshadow Palette – Another eyeshadow favorite. I received this as a gift just in time for my wedding and it was such a breeze to use on the day. You can garner muted and glam looks from this one palette and you will hardly have the need to use another palette or other shadows to create a look. The shadows are vivid, rich, smooth and long lasting. They are also easy on your pocket.
4. The Ordinary, Buffet – This is a peptide serum which I gave a little breakdown in one of my skincare posts and is by far my favorite from the brand. My skin texture, appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and skin tone, all improved with just a few days of use. I have a few empties and continue to repurchase. The price is a blessing if you know anything about the price of skincare items.
5. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup – I raved about this foundation in my post a couple months ago and I feel the same way now. I have quite a few foundations on rotation but I find myself reaching for this one the most. It fits every occasion and a little goes a long way. It also has lasting power and doesn’t transfer easily.
6. The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution – This is my first acid product and it has become a staple in my evening skincare routine. I use this a couple nights a week every week for exfoliating my usually clogged pores. It’s now my sole exfoliating agent. The price is also unbeatable.
7. Wholesome You Oat and Chamomile Facial Moisturizer – Another favorite moisturizer of mine. This moisturizer is thick and rich but also fluffy and airy, if that makes sense. It has a creamy consistency but is not heavy or oily. When applied it sinks into the skin and becomes sort of dry, similar to how some face primers work. It creates a smooth canvas for makeup and works well to lock in the products that come before it.
8. Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Cinnamon Spice – I have no idea when this lipstick was released but I only got my hands on it a month ago and I can’t stop wearing it. I have several shades in this formula and I love them all but this one beats them all. It doesn’t budge, has a huge color payoff and doesn’t dry out my lips. It’s semi matte and can suite pretty much any skin tone. This burgundy red is subtle but eye catching. It’s also really affordable. So, what’s not to love?
What are your 2017 beauty favorites?
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S ~ How to Grow Thick and Healthy Natural Hair and 10 Things I’m Loving – October
Wholesome You’s photo : Instagram
Published: November 16, 2017 6:13 AM