Happy weekend everyone! What are your plans? I’m relaxing for the next few days. I realize I do that more and more on my weekends. No one’s complaining here.
This week I did a little reminiscing and reflecting, and instead of my objects and photos, I’m just gonna jot down and share five random things about me! Let’s see what we have here…
In the last three years I’ve…
- Learned how to drive (like, properly)
- Learned how to swim (no jumping off yachts just yet)
- Gained a Masters Degree
- Got married (Swoon! My man is just so yummy!)
- Changed apartments twice
- Battled with extreme sadness and anxiety
- Learned how to meditate
- Traveled to six countries, four of them for the first time
- Changed jobs ~ one for another and one for none (best decision ever)
- Bought a car
- Started this blog! (Finally!)
I’m tired just thinking about all that! Oh well, it’s what we call ‘adulting‘.
I was once a beauty message board/forum moderator
Man I loved that ‘job’. Beauty at one time (and still somewhat) was a passion of mine. I spent a specific number of hours everyday with some like minded people, creating and managing content for a huge beauty message board. Although I enjoyed every minute of it, let me tell you, it wasn’t always glitz and glam. It was hard work! Being creative is NOT for everybody. I have not one creative bone in my body, but because I loved makeup and beauty so much, this was a welcomed challenge. It came to an end however, when I ‘resigned’ from my position to pursue my Masters degree. I couldn’t focus on the two at the same time and so I gave up my beloved. It’s all good though, because I frequently visit and see they are still doing some amazing stuff!
My three great city loves
- My lusty love – New York City. It’s where I temporarily feel a rush of immense elation, I get butterflies in my stomach and where I am totally smitten with everything around me. Although I don’t think I can live there, I love visiting the big apple from time to time just for the shopping and dressing up. Don’t talk about just popping into David’s Tea on a cold January evening and being greeted by a piping hot cup of tea you never had before. Woo! Yes please!
- My forbidden love – Paris. This is the city I feel guilty about loving. It’s so cliched and cheesy. It’s just everything I ever imagined it would be. So many other people love it too, so I thought, they MUST be exaggerating, no place is that perfect (and it isn’t, but its imperfections make me love it more). But trust me, I fell hard for it the moment I landed! I keep telling my husband that we are going to retire there, although I know Paris is not realllly for the older aged, and I realllly want to retreat to the countryside somewhere. You always want what you can’t have!
- My true love – Ocho Rios. My second family lives there (my husband is Jamaican). It’s so green and lush. The air is so clean. The food makes my salivary glands act up. The people are so warm and polite but with character. The water is all types of calm and all shades of blue. What else is there to say?
I use to be vegan, and later, vegetarian
And it was the best! In those three years, my body was always super energized and healthy. Why I stopped? I really don’t know. Would I do it again? Definitely. Hopefully this time, forever. Back then I had the discipline but not the maturity, now I have the maturity but not the discipline. Will be sure to work on that.
The two things I fear most in this life…
…are cancer and mental illness. They both run in my family, and even though we have all the research and all the technology and all the medication, we still can’t figure these two out. I wish I had the mind to work in these fields, but I don’t have what it takes to witness human suffering everyday, while only trying to help them. It would be remiss of me though, if I didn’t acknowledge the developments made in these specific areas. Fortunately, they give me a little hope for the future.
So! That’s a bit of sharing. What random things do you have to share?
Thanks for stopping by!